Monday, October 18, 2010

A girls best friend…

Yup, am talking about diamonds of cause! It started with creating this ring from a bunch of outdated rings.

They featured a lot of timy diamonds and I didn't know what to do with them. However, after finally learning to flush set (see earlier post), I have started to embed them in a number of different designs. It just looks so lovely! Only downside: Don’t want to use white sapphires anymore – they just don’t have the same flash to them as the real thing! And don’t want to use zirconias either. Oh dear… will I have to upgrade and start buying diamonds often? I guess the answer is yes *grin*

Here are some examples of my latest work. This one with the moonstone I have claimed for myself, but I have more moonstones. Perhaps I’ll make another one…


And here we have a true beauty, which I have fallen completely in love with!


I have created the ring from 2 mm silver wire and have set a facet cut imperial champagne topaz in a 14 carat bezel.


A number of golden balls lighten the design and the biggest holds a reclaimed Top Wesselton diamond. Finally I have roughened up the surface and polished the golden balls to create structural contrast.


The colors are subtle and elegant and just so very delicious… I’ll put it on Etsy soon, promise!

2 comments:

  1. Waw ! Really love the champagne topaz ring \o/. Wonderfull work as ever ^^.
    Have nice holidays dear !

    ReplyDelete